Sunday, August 18, 2024

Was Aaliyah a Christian?

 


The Question: Was Aaliyah Haughton a Christian?


One answer was she was not. Though she was raised Catholic, her words and actions were that of a godless young woman.

I say Christians that know the word of the Lord know that God is the best judge on that. 

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart (1 Samuel 16:7).


Jeremiah1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 

 They don’t know Aaliyah’s heart and soul inside and out. She made decisions with a child’s mind at age 15. God knew her before she was ever born. We don’t really know what Aaliyah was. We don’t and didn’t know God’s plans for her. We don’t know about the evil God may have kept her from. We don’t know what her real purpose was in God.

Consider Paul


1 Timothy 12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment