Friday, August 5, 2011

Aaliyah and Voices of Loved Ones

Aaliyah was no friend of mine. She never met me, and I never met her. I don't know why I think I can still hear her speaking. What is it about the brain or is it heaven? Why can we sometimes pick up messages we do not see or hear? Why do we sometimes hear our loved ones? Why do we see them in dreams and visions after they have passed and gone? Some people may not ever experience it, but some of us do. I can hear the spirit of the Lord speaking. That's when it all began. I think when I got closer to the Lord, I had the gift to pick up messages from loved ones. For example, when my mother was alive, I could hear her while she was not in the house with me. We were very close. I heard her ask me what it was that I was doing when I was in my room. I felt her presence coming down the hall way to my room. I told her about it when she got home from working with children at an elementary school. She asked me what time of the day it was when I heard her voice. I told her the hour, and she told me that she was thinking about me at that particular hour. Now, my mother was alive when I heard her and felt her presence. I can still hear her although she is dead, but the Lord does not want me to think that she is dead.

It's understandable to feel and see things about a passed and gone loved one, but when it is a stranger, that is a different story. Aaliyah is a stranger to me because I never met her. I was listening to her song, "Try Again", one day. I heard her voice slightly through the music saying, "Press on." I believe that it is true that the spirit never dies, but why would I hear Aaliyah? Could it be that she is part of my family? I don't know that she is, but she does remind me of some of my kinfolks. My great Aunt said that I had kin in New York, and she showed me a picture of a girl in our family that favored Aaliyah. Sometimes life is strange and can be like a puzzle. It all will come together one day after a while. There is always answers in Christ Jesus. Believe that and receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment